Permission and Indemnity Waiver
- Students and Parents must abide by all rules and regulations outlined in the JOKSOD prospectus. This includes correct grooming, punctuality, attendance and all other regulations.
- ALL Fees must be paid in Advance as outlined in the prospectus. Failure to do this will result in a late fee payment or in severe cases students unable to participate in their class.
- The School takes no responsibility for the loss or damage of personal property.
- Due care will be taken with your child while they are in classes, however, in case of illness or injury, where parents are not contactable, we will seek medical advice and act accordingly where treatment is necessary and the cost will be incurred by the parent/guardian.
- Students are not supervised outside of their class times. Students leaving the studio without a parent must provide the studio with a written consent letter signed by a parent/guardian. No responsibility is taken.
- Students choreographed dances are the property of JOKSOD. NO student is to perform any dance choreographed by its teachers without permission from Miss Joanne O’Kelly. Students learning solos are permitted to enter Ballarat, Phoenix, Warragul, Southern eisteddfods and Casey Comps. Permission must be obtained from Miss Joanne O’Kelly every time the solos are to perform outside of these competitions.
- No discussions will be entered into regarding casting for roles, troupes, private lessons etc. These decisions are made by the teachers and principal of the school ONLY.
- Costumes are the property of JOKSOD. All parents are to pay a hire fee for troupe and solo costumes before they will be hired out. All costumes must be treated with respect and to be returned “cleaned” and in the same condition as they were given to you. Parents will be charged a fee for repairs and a late fee if not returned on time.
- I agree for my child to be photographed for advertising, the web site, program, newsletter and promotional purposes, social media and for Joanne O’Kelly School of Dance to be able to use these photos in future years.
- I agree that my child’s examination, competition and other achievements can be used for the schools advertising at it’s own discretion.
- I understand that classes may be cancelled if they have not met the required size quota.
- I agree to treat the studio, fellow students and teachers with R E S P E C T and understand the rules in place are to benefit myself and other students.
- Bullying in any shape or form will not be tolerated at Joanne O’Kelly School of Dance.
- Students can only enter eisteddfods, summer schools, workshops, and any other performances or classes other than those provided at JOKSOD with the permission of the Principal Miss Joanne O’Kelly.
- Absolute due care is given to all students within our studio, however, no responsibility will be taken for any accidents, injuries etc.
- We require two weeks of notice in writing for any child who decides to leave the studio. Your account will be charged up until the end of the term, all fees are due and payable.
- Students should be picked up on time at the end of their classes. When students leave the premises they are out of Joanne O’Kelly School of Dance care.
- Solo lessons are to be organised by Principal Miss Joanne O’Kelly. Parents are NOT to organise their own solo lessons with other teachers outside of our JOKSOD studio.
- No students should wait outside the premises to be collected. All parents/guardians must come up to the gate to collect. their child.
- I understand that should there be new restrictions put in place Joanne O'Kelly School of dance will move back to online classes and all term fees will cover access to those continued classes. No refunds are available for fees as long as the studio is able to continue offering online classes under any Victorian Government Restrictions.
- Students are not permitted to practise acrobatic movements of any kind of Joanne O'Kelly School of dance Premises.
RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
I participate in the activity at my sole risk and responsibility. I release, indemnify and hold harmless Joanne O’Kelly School of Dance, its teachers and staff or agents from and against all and any actions or claims which may be made by me or on my behalf or by other parties for or in respect of or arising out of any injury, loss, damage or death caused to me or my property whether by negligence, breach of contract or in anyway whatsoever.