Joanne O'Kelly School of Dance has created a COVID safe plan and policies based on the Victorian Government directive for the dance industry.
Everybody 16 years and over must be fully vaccinated before they can enter through the studio gates. At this stage in the road map, 12 - 15 years are not included in vaccinations status. All other ages are considered double vaccinated in this phase of the roadmap.
All students 16 years and over will need to show their proof of vaccination when they enter the studio. If students who are 12 - 15 years have been double vaccinated you have an option to show us your proof of vaccination as this way we can keep record.
On entering the studio:
- Everyone entering that is 16 years and over must show their proof and students 12 -15 yrs have an option to show their vaccination status.
- Every person from our pre school - seniors students all teachers, staff, parent helper must QR code into the studio every time they arrive on premises.
- No parent is to enter through the gate with the exception of parents of our pre school or beginner dancers who may need to place their child into the studio. These parents must be fully vaccinated and show proof by scanning our QR code and showing your tick. Please leave after your dancer is settled in class. We have your number and will contact you if we need to.
- All teachers and staff and parent helpers are double vaccinated.
- Masks are mandatory for everyone 12 years and over indoors and are recommended, however not mandatory for students in grade 3 and over. There is an exemption to remove a mask when engaged in strenuous activity and for teachers giving instructions.
- No one is to enter the studio until they are instructed by teachers or covid marshals.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if there are any concerns. All correspondence will be kept strictly confidential