Joanne O'Kelly School of Dance has created a COVID safe plan and policies based on the Victorian Government directive for the dance industry.
Everybody 16 years and over must be fully vaccinated before they can enter through the studio gates. At this stage in the road map, 12 - 15 years are not included in vaccinations status. All other ages are considered double vaccinated in this phase of the roadmap.
All students 16 years and over will need to show their proof of vaccination when they enter the studio. If students who are 12 - 15 years have been double vaccinated you have an option to show us your proof of vaccination as this way we can keep record.
On entering the studio:
- Every person from our pre school - seniors students all teachers, staff, parent helper must QR code into the studio every time they arrive on premises.
- All teachers and staff and parent helpers are double vaccinated.
- All students aged 8 years and over must wear a mask.
- Students may remove masks if doing strenuous exercise, however we ask that all students ensure they keep their masks with their water bottles and take with them when they leave.
- No parents are to enter the studio unless by prior arrangement
- Pre-School and Beginner parents are welcome to wait outside in our marquee area
- All other parents must drop their children and come back to pick up at the end of class
- As per Government mandates only fully vaccinated (two doses) people over the age of 16 are allowed in our studio
- Please make sure you follow the Government guidelines and conduct Rapid Antigen Tests twice weekly for your child. These tests will be distributed by the schools.
- No one is to enter the studio until they are instructed by teachers or covid marshals.
- If your child tests positive following the Rapid Antigen Test they will NOT be permitted to come to dance class and must isolate for the required time.
- Please make sure you inform Miss Jo immediately following a positive RAT test for your child so that we can communicate more broadly if necessary. Please make sure you email only not messages: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will work as hard as we can to ensure classes won't be cancelled, however this may occur from time to time. Any cancelled classes will be refunded.
- We will not be putting classes onto Zoom if only 1 or 2 children are absent due to isolation
- The only instances where we will organise Zooms are:
- If there will be a significantly high number of children in the class unable to attend in the studio
- If we are in the lead up to important competitions / events where participation is required
- If there is a significant outbreak at the studio
- If the Government announces another lockdown
Please do not hesitate to contact us if there are any concerns. All correspondence will be kept strictly confidential